The Global Sense Blog by Judah Freed features diverse posts about global thinking and world events related to his proposed book, Making Global Sense. If you have any topic that you wish to see discussed by Judah Freed, please send a note through the contact form.
Blog Subscription Premium
Subscribers get a free copy of my ebook, “A Parable of Liberty Lost and Found,” the preamble from my proposed book, Making Global Sense. Please use the form in the right-hand column. Thanks — Judah.
For information on Making Global Sense, please send an email.
END MEDICAL DEBTCuring America's $1 Trillion Unpayable Healthcare Debt
End Medical Debt, written by industry insiders Jerry Ashton, Robert Goff and Craig Antico (founders of the charity RIP Medical Debt), realistically and clearly looks at the causes and possible cures for more than $1 trillion in unpayable medical debt in America. ...more
- In our age of “fake news” with journalists widely distrusted by the public, we may benefit from a better understanding of what good journalists do, how to identify ethical journalism, and how to support more of it.
Despite what some pundits would have us believe, good journalists do exist. They work ...more
For your free copy of the ebook, please subscribe to the newsletter or blog in the column at right.
A Parable of Liberty Lost and Found is the fiction preamble of my nonfiction book, Making Global Sense, inspired by Thomas Paine’s Common Sense. Paine wrote Common Sense to spark national ...more
- FOUND this rare video today from the first 1986 Windstar Foundation "Choices For the Future" symposium in Aspen, hosted by John Denver. The video touches me because it's still relevant to our world today, three decades later.
I attended the annual summer gatherings from 1988 until the last one in 1995, ...more
- Are you feeling electrified or electrocuted by the 2016 presidential election? Are you in shock? As a remedy of laughter and realism, please watch Bill Maher on HBO. I laugh because it hurts to cry.
- SOME in the GOP wish they could dump Trump, but do millions of Americans wish to see Trump dump democracy?
Trump's most fervent followers want Donald John Trump to be the 45th President of the United States, whatever it takes to get the job done, democracy be damned. This scares me because a Trump victory in the ...more
- Please see through the misleading guest commentary by Tom Harris of the Canada-based International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC), a press release now circulating internationally and published by The Garden Island newspaper on Sunday, May 18.
Tom Harris, ICSC
Harris said it is “ridiculous” to think that only industry-funded “deniers” are claiming ...more
CROWS call this mornings outside the Echo Park duplex in Los Angeles where Melissa and I are staying as I recuperate from September 13 cancer surgery. Crows and ravens are old totems for me, heralding deep changes in my life. Their presence this morning seems appropriate as as I prepare for tonight's performance of ...more
- AMID the restart of my life after the second cancer surgery, I've installed a new site theme, chosen by Melissa. Navigation requires clicking the line stack in the upper left corner or scrolling to the bottom of every screen. As time allows, I will work on making navigation better. Meanwhile, here's an interim menu bar:
Judah Freed's Blog | Making Global ...more
- During a recent conversation with my new book publicist, Cathy Lewis, we began to talk about the relatively low turnout for Book Expo America 2015 compared to prior years. We agreed that attending BEA no longer seems essential for success in the book industry. Why not?
The big houses already are sending their reps to ...more
- Steve Hoffman at Founders Space recently returned from a "marathon business trip" to Asia. He returned with some unexpected findings about business in China that defy many of our staid stereotypes in the West. With Steve's permission, I am quoting his findings below:
"Chinese food in America sucks!"
"Traffic in ...more
- We hear that political corruption is like the weather. Everybody complains about it, but nobody can do anything to change it. Well, I believe that's just not true. In fact, I feel taking action on the moral climate of corruption is just as necessary for our survival as taking action on ...more